Teams and Clubs
Coxswains are usually the last ones to get coached. With that said, it is usually in the form of questions:
- “What were you thinking?”
- “Where are you going?”
- “Why didn’t you do this?”
- “You should have said that!”
Clinics are a great way to step out of the boat and away from the on-the-water stress to learn efficient ways to make better decisions and how to effectively lead your team down the race course.
Clinics can be created to meet organization’s specific needs.
- Lecture Based–Great for novice coxswains.
- Round Table–Designed for the advanced coxswain who wants to learn from discussing scenarios and by listening to audio examples.
- Water Session–For clubs who want to dedicate a rowing practice to their coxswains. Allowing the coxswain to slow things down, think out loud, and practice boat maneuvering to enhance their steering is a great way to invest in your team’s potential speed.
- Skype Q & A–Perfect for making an ordinary winter land workout special for the coxswains.
One-and-One Coxswain Coaching
Most coxswains learn from the trial by fire method. I say bring your marshmallows and roast them in that fire. Have Mary and The 9th Seat get you prepared to handle that fire. During one-on-one coaching sessions Mary will talk you through practice and racing scenarios to get you ready to execute when needed. Delivery of information is coxswains’ bread and butter. Mary will review your audiotapes and work with you so delivering information will become second nature. Become more valuable to your rowers with Mary’s help.
- One shot Mwhip+ Feedback – Share with Mary an audiotape of practice or a race.
- Four pack Mwhip+ Feedback – Share with Mary two practice tapes and two race tapes. After Mary listens to one practice tape she will want to hear your improvements you’ve made during the second practice tape. Same goes for the race tapes. After your first race tape review Mary will send you out to record your second race and listen to how you executed your improvements.
One-on-One sessions can be done in person, over the phone or via Skype/iChat. For questions and price quotes use the from below to send Mary a message.